So you're reading this and thinking - what the hell is this??  My name is Danielle.  I'm 5'2" and weight 90 pounds - for real!  I'm writing this because everyone comes up and asks me what my secret is.  Really, there is no secret.  I eat tons of little stuff (i.e. cookies) throughout the day, I walk around in 4" heels, and I hate most healthy foods.  I recently read an article on Yahoo called the "7 Things Skinny People Swear By".  Well, I don't swear by any of those things.


Here are the 7 Things....
  1. Make time for tea - Tea has antioxidants which accelerate fat burn. ~ I HATE TEA! With a passion!  That's all there is to it.  And the worst part is...I'm from the South.  So what do I drink - we'll get to that soon!!
  2. Move your workouts to the morning - Work out in the morning before you eat breakfast. The Journal of Physiology finds. Exercising on an empty stomach in the A.M. improves glucose tolerance, which spurs your body to shed fat. ~ I don't work out.  Point blank.  I should, but I don't.
  3. Join the breakfast club - Don't skip breakfast!! Breakfast may rev metabolism; plus, it may cause you to make less of an enzyme that raises cholesterol. ~ You're thinking, "She doesn't eat breakfast." Seriously...I don't.  I wake up at around 8 AM.  I eat a granola bar (usually DIPS i.e. covered in chocolate) or a Zone protein bar (again covered in chocolate) around 10 a.m.
  4. Savor your food - Eating slowly and steadily can help you stay slim. Don't eat infront of the TV so you can concentrate on enjoying the yummy food in front of you. ~ Okay this is true.  I do eat slower than most people I know.  But I also eat junk food, so I don't think this counts.
  5. Become a creature of habit - Eating at the same times every day and could help you drop pounds. ~ Again, not true.  I eat at whatever time I'm hungry.  I don't eat at 8, 10, 12, 3, 5, 7, etc.  I just eat what I want when I want.
  6. Start with water - Downing two cups of H2O before meals helped people lose about 5 pounds more than those who said no to water.  ~ I HATE WATER! No lie.  The only water I drink is Vitamin Water Lemonade.  Yes, yes...we'll get to this too.  But seriously, I hate water!
  7. Step on the Scale - Dieters who weight themselves lots more weight than those would didn't. Spotting scale swings early allows you to tweak your eating and exercise routine before pounds can pile up. ~ HA! This is funny! I don't ever step on the scale unless I'm at a doctor's office.  I don't need to look at this to see I'm skinny.  Just as my fiance doesn't need to look at this to know he's lost weight.  Muscle is heavier than fat, so your weight is misleading.
So now you're probably thinking - where am I going with this? My next few post will show you what I eat and don't eat.  Believe me the list of what I eat is much smaller than the list of what I don't eat.  I am one of the pickiest people ever.  After you read my blog, you'll be wondering how I survive - well don't worry, that's coming too!!

Leave me a comment with questions and I'll answer them!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinking?

About